The Fountain of Life Children Center started in 1993.
When the Good Shepherd Sisters saw the many problems of poor children in Pattaya.
The Children come from:
- Families Living in Poverty
- Parents are separated
- Mother or Farther dead
- People move to Pattaya to work in the tourist industry
- Political problems in Thailand and in the neighboring countries. Leads to Human Trafficking.
- Values, attitudes and the manner in which children are brought up leads more and more towards consumerism.
The Problems arising from this situation
- Children do not have a birth certificate
- Children are abandoned
- They become street children
- Children whose parents are Thai but they don't have Thai citizenship, and Parents who are illegal in our country.
- Children are at risk because they live in places of drugs, drink and violence.
They are in danger of being caught in the sex industry.